Thursday 8 November 2007

Did you ever?

Just reading Ed Brill's blog and this quote jumped out at me:

A customer who is looking to integrate a .NET application with Notes and hold fast against users demanding Outlook...

When d'you ever hear about users demanding Notes? H'mmmmm. Is IBM doing as well as they say? I'd kinda like them to as in many ways the Lotus crew come across as a world weary lot and I'll normally root for the underdog. Also I'm using ND8 and it's one helluva lot better than the previous antiquated UI. There are still sucky things about it, especially the horrendous crashes that occur sometimes, but there are also some cute things about it, which I like a lot.

Just in case you wondered, I didn't get the singlecab fit last night. Of all things it's the horn that's stopping me taking it in for MOT - I'm getting no volts at the push button and it seems to be the ring on the wheel that's at fault. I didn't have a suitable switch in the hole that is my workshop, so I'll be off to an auto-factor soon to remedy that. To stop myself descending into a pit of despair I cleared out a few more bits from the Passat shell outside the front of the house - stuff I could see myself having to buy, or get made up if I'd let it go with them still attached. I came in at about 11:30, after I dropped a spanner and a neighbour screeched 'for f*cksake!'. Don't know whether it was at me, or someone else, but it was enough to make me realise how late it was!

No comments: